Today, October 31 2018, I reached a milestone 10kg weight loss. To say I am ecstatic is an understatement. I was originally going to do the Carnivore diet for one month, but here we are at 7 weeks and I have no intention of giving up at this stage.
When I started this journey I weighed 90.3 kgs. I managed to lose 3 kilos doing various things such at the Liver Cleansing Diet, Paleo and Keto. In between the Paleo and the Keto, I fell off the wagon and started falling back into bad habits such as eating lots of bread, chocolate, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puds. So by the time I started on Keto I weighed 87.3 kgs.
It was while we were on the Keto diet that my friend Paula discovered the Carnivore diet and we both started to eat meat only. Paula wants to gain weight and I want to lose weight, and this seems to work for both of us, although we are each taking a different approach.
So what are my observations on the Carnivore Diet so far?
- The first thing I noticed was the lack of joint pain. I regularly had to sit on the edge of the bed for a while in the mornings before getting up. The pain in my joints was pretty intense. I would also wake up a number of times during the night with aching joints. I didn’t realise what was different at first, but after being on the Carnivore diet for a few days, I was getting up out of bed without any pain, anywhere. I was no longer waking up during the night with aching joints. In fact I am now waking up and bouncing out of bed straight up, without a care.
- Occasionally, I still get a slight discomfort in the liver area, but nothing like the pain I had previously. I was diagnosed with fatty liver last year. I figure the odd twinge is because my liver is repairing itself. And I believe that once it is fully healed I will no longer have these twinges.
- My blood pressure has dropped to normal.
- I have more energy.
- I have gone down a dress size, in fact it’s almost 2 dress sizes. I have sent a lot of my ‘fat’ clothes to the op shop. Not long ago I had purchased 3 pairs of jeans, which didn’t fit, they were too tight. But in the last month, I not only managed to fit into them, they no longer fit me. I wore them with a belt to start with and then decided to let them go, along with a number of tops that got way too big. Add to that the undies that started falling down and the bras that no longer fitted, so I’ve had to purchase some new clothes. Fortunately, I do have clothes that I had grown out of on the way up that I am now beginning to fit into again on the way down.
- I am more focused, and no longer have brain fog. I can remember things better, both long and short term memories and facts.
- This has been accomplished without resorting to exercise of any sort. However, as the weight comes of I am beginning to get the urge to take a walk around the lake across the road from where I live.
- My digestive system works extremely well without the need for added fibre.
- I don’t need to take dietary supplements.
- And I no longer have Kale green drinks. Yesss.
One of the biggest things that I have noticed is how I look in our Alanda Craft videos. I still have a long way to go but this is the best I have managed in a very long time. Usually my weight stalls at around 5-6 kgs, but not this time. I am so looking forward to losing the next 10kgs.