Here we are now on week 3 of my keto diet journey. And I am pretty much on track now. Still have the odd day where the ratio’s aren’t quite right.
Week 3 – 27 August 2018
- Weight – 84.5kgs (186.29)
- Measurements. Bust 43½”, Waist 40½”, Hips 45½”.
Even though I only had a loss of 800 gms (1.7 pounds), I am quite happy with how my size is coming down.
Recipes for this Week
This week I found a some more nice recipes over on the Diet Doctor website.
Keto BLT with Oopsie Bread over on the Diet Doctor
- This was just delicious, you really must try it.
- Apart from the Oopsie bread, which is also know as Cloud Bread, you fill it with bacon, lettuce tomato, fresh basil and some homemade mayonnaise.
- Okay my first attempt at mayonnaise was a disaster. I couldn’t get the mixture to thicken. You absolutely must add the oil very slowly as you are whisking it into the egg and mustard.
- Also I used Avocado Oil, and found that I absolutely hate the taste. It is so strong that it overpowered the rest of the ingredients. So a big no from me for Avocado Oil.
- The second time I made it I just used olive oil, and the flavour and texture was much better, I also managed to get a nice thick, smooth result.
Keto Cobb Salad with Ranch Dressing from the Diet Doctor
- For this recipe you make up your own Ranch Seasoning to add to your Mayonnaise.
- I used a little too much Tarragon, which overpowered the rest of the herbs in the seasoning.
- The recipe called for 2 tbsps of dried Tarragon so I would cut that back next time. I now have a container of ranch seasoning that I need to play around with to try and mellow the flavour. However, it’s all a matter of taste and if you like lots of tarragon, by all means go for it.
- This is a nice filling salad to have for lunch.