This is week 4 of following a Keto diet.
Week 4 – 3 September 2018
- Weight – 84.5kgs (186.29)
- Measurements. Bust 43½”, Waist 40½”, Hips 45½”
This week everything stayed the same. I had stopped experiencing aches in the joint on waking and also waking up with shoulder pain during the night, but this week I started feeling the aches and pains again. I had a couple of days where I didn’t feel 100% but I think it was just the keto flu that most people experience. It wasn’t anything major and nothing Apple Cider Vinegar couldn’t fix.
I had 2 days where I exceeded my net carbs for the day, only just by 1 carb, The others days were all well within the ratios of protein to fat, so I’m pretty happy with that.
I am still recording everything I eat in the Carb Manager App. It’s a great app by the way for tracking what you are eating.
So here are some recipes for this week that you might like to try. I have to say the food that I have been having is delicious. After all who doesn’t love bacon and eggs with silverbeet and mushrooms for brekkie.
Keto Bacon Sausage Meatballs from Meal Prep On Fleek
- This is an easy meal to prepare
- Tastes delicious, why wouldn’t it – bacon and sausage meatballs, yummo.
- Serve with a nice salad
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast with Cauliflower Puree – The Diet Doctor
- The bacon wrapped around the chicken gives it added flavour.
- Simply cook the cauliflower and the puree it with the pan juices. Add heavy cream and you are good to go.
Cauliflower has become one of my favourite vegetables while on the Keto Diet. It has taken the place of potatoes and rice. Cauliflower rice goes with just about everything. Another fav. is zucchini noodles. Delicious.
Paula’s brother Wal, makes a really tasty larb dish. And the Cauliflower rice goes beautifully with it. Don’t miss rice or potatoes at all.
Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon with Zucchini Noodles – Eatwell101.com
- Ready to eat in no time at all. I like to have the skin on my salmon as I love the crispy skin.
- Simply sear the salmon and toss in a delicious lemon garlic sauce.
- Serve on a bed of zucchini noodles.
All of these websites have hundreds of delicious recipes so you won’t be stuck for something tasty to eat while you are doing the Keto Diet.